NEW AND PRE ORDER - ALBUM|DVD
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HANTEO AND GAON:
- Used by Golden Disk Awards and some of the other end-of-year awards
- These are shipments of albums from distributor to retailers, as reported by distributors
- Example: Albums shipped from CJ E&M, Loen, Universal Music, etc. to retailers like Synnara, Hottracks, YesAsia, etc.
- Note 1: Only distributors that are members of the Korean Music Content Industry Association have their albums reported on Gaon.
- Note 2: SME, YGE, JYPE and other management companies do not deal directly with Gaon
- Note 3: There CAN be a margin of error between actual shipments and the shipments reported by Gaon
- Used by Music Bank K-Chart and other weekly award shows
- These are sales of albums from retailers that are Hanteo's member shops to consumers, plus an amount estimated generated by Hanteo's sampling and data-mining for the remaining non-member shops
- Example: Albums that you buy from YesAsia or DVDHeaven
- Note 1: Hanteo's member stores cover approximately 85% of the sales in Korea
- Note 2: There CAN be a margin of error between actual sales and the sales reported by Hanteo
- Note 3: Sales are reported to Hanteo's server and updated to the charts automatically, the data is NOT manually entered into the system